Gurranabraher Credit Union is part of the community fabric on the Northside of Cork. Every year Gurranabraher Credit Union supports local groups and charities for various amounts to help support and promote our community. It was envisaged that Gurranabraher Credit Union could leverage its position to help and promote a nominated charity for a period of time to raise a significant amount of money or predetermined objective.
Cork ARC Cancer Support House (Niche) was established to provide a center in which people with Cancer and their Families can find emotional support, practical help and trust. Their aim is provide therapies that complement the medical model through the Niche Centre in Knocknaheeny to the people of the Northside as to make a difference to the lives of those affected by cancer.
ARC Cancer Support House have a comprehensive plan to provide services to the people of the Northside through their facility in Niche. With the support of Gurranabraher Credit Union they could
- Strengthen and resource Cork ARC Cancer Support services of
- Gurranabraher/Knocknaheeny/Hollyhill/Shanakiel and Shandon.
- Reach out to those in the community that require these valuable services
- Increase the uptake in Niche Service for cancer support services
- Introduce new services for family of those affected
Gurranabraher Credit Union will be holding a number of events over the coming months to raise funds for this worthy cause.