Gurranabraher Credit Union has be helping members to improve their homes for over 50 years. One of the best ways of improving your home and adding value to it is to make it energy efficient. The Government has recognised this and is willing provide grants to help you do it with Home Insulation Grants. Obviously the grant will only cover part of the cost of the work, that’s where we come in ! Why not apply for a flexible loan with Gurranabraher Credit Union by applying now
There are currently two Home Insulation grant programmes available to homeowners:
- The Better Energy Homes scheme provides grants to homeowners who invest in energy efficiency improvements in one or more of the following areas: Roof Insulation, Wall Insulation, Installation of a High Efficiency (> 90%) Gas or Oil fired Boiler, Heating Control Upgrades and Solar panels.
- The Warmer Homes Scheme (WHS) aims to improve the energy efficiency and comfort conditions of homes occupied by vulnerable households in receipt of the National Fuel Allowance Scheme through the installation of draught proofing, attic insulation, lagging jackets, low energy light bulbs and cavity wall insulation where appropriate.
Ann talks about the health benefits of upgrading the heating controls in her home making her home more energy efficient.
Interest, then just ask yourself these questions
- Do you want to cosy up your home?
- Do you want to save up to 50% on heating bills?
- Do you want to do your bit against climate change?
How to apply for the Home Insulation grant:
You will get a grant for each measure.
NEW: you will also get an extra €300 if you do three Home Insulation measures and €100 for the fourth.
- Decide what form of upgrade best suits your home. You can do this by talking to a good building contractor, architect,gas installer or energy advisor.
- Pick a contractor from the list of approved contractors (on the SEAI Website).
- Fill out the online application form on the SEAI Website . You will be approved within minutes.
- You now have six months to complete the works on your home.
- You will receive a form in the post called the “Declaration of Works” – one for each measure (e.g. one for external wall insulation,one for gas boiler upgrade, etc.) filled in when the works are completed.
- Return the form by post to SEAI, P.O. Box 119, Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry along with the Request for Payment form.
- You will generally find your money in your bank account within four weeks.
- Your contractor may be selected for inspection. This is to maintain a good standard of workmanship.
This how the grants work:
|Measure||Energy Efficient Works||Increased Grant Value|
|Cavity Wall Insulation||€300|
|Internal Insulation (Dry Lining)|
|Apartment (any) OR Mid-terrace House||€1,200|
|Semi-detached OR End of Terrace||€1,800|
|External Wall Insulation (“The Wrap”)|
|Apartment (any) OR Mid-terrace House||€2,250|
|Semi-detached OR End of Terrace||€3,400|
|Heating System||Heating Controls with Boiler (Oil or Gas) Upgrade||€700|
|Heating Controls Upgrade only||€600|
|Bonus||For 3rd measure||€300|
|For 4th measure||€100|
|Building Energy Rating