Gurranabraher Credit Union Limited is one of the largest Credit Unions in Cork City serving 16,000 members and managing assets in excess of €100m. The Credit Union wishes to appoint a Marketing & Development Officer to lead its growth in membership, lending and services across all communication channels.
Reporting to the CEO, the main responsibilities of the Marketing & Development Officer are to:
- Promote the Credit Union’s services, including lending initiatives, to existing and new members.
- Assist the CEO, Board and Board Committees with marketing and promotion activities.
- Assist with the formulation of business development and marketing strategies.
- Recruit and induct new members to the Credit Union ethos and services.
- Promote loans to members and advise on the development of new loan products.
- Organise and arrange marketing and promotional activities, materials, functions, events.
- Develop marketing and promotional materials for Credit Union services.
- Promote the use of electronic payment services, including EFT, card and current account services.
- Promote the use of online banking and mobile app.
- Contribute to the launch of new services.
- Maintain postings to the Credit Union website and social media accounts with updates at least weekly.
- Maintain and operate the email marketing tool and database of online users, including newsletters and email promotions and marketing.
- Enhance the Credit Union’s profile and brand in its offices, online and on social media platforms.
- Make contact, explain and set up services for juvenile members on becoming adult members.
- Operate the promotion stand in Credit Unions offices and other locations, as required.
- Promote business loans and other services, including payroll deduction schemes, to local businesses.
- Help maximise the exposure and return from sponsorship activities.
- Provide weekly updates to the CEO on business development, promotional and marketing activities, performance and results.
- Oversee and undertake market research and analysis, as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role.
- A relevant degree and/or a professional qualification, is desirable.
- A detailed understanding and use of social media platforms for marketing and business development.
- Strong analytical and IT skills.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Gurranabraher Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Applications will be shortlisted for interview. Canvassing will disqualify.
Gurranabraher Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Send an application and cover letter preferably by email to email@example.com quoting ref. MDO-04 for receipt on or before Friday, 10 March 2023.