Gurranabraher Credit Union in Cork City is recruiting a FINANCIAL CONTROLLER who will report to the CEO and assist with the management of the Credit Union which has 15,000 members and manages assets in excess of €100m.
The FINANCIAL CONTROLLER will be a key member of the Management Team. The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Prepare financial / management accounts, budgets and cash flow projections,
- Report on financial performance to the CEO,
- Implement Board policies and procedures and attend Board and Committee meetings, as requested,
- Assist the CEO in developing and implementing systems of internal control,
- Implement financial controls to safeguard the assets of the credit union,
- Identify and mitigate internal and external risks that could affect the credit union,
- Prepare statutory and regulatory returns,
- Undertake / oversee accounts payable, payroll processing and bank reconciliations,
- Manage the investment portfolio and liaise with investment managers,
- Undertake cost / benefit analyses for capital investments and new services,
- Participate in decision-making, as a key member of the management team,
- Supervise staff, as required,
- Liaise with internal / external auditors and regulatory authorities, as required
The successful candidate will have:
- An accountancy qualification (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CPA, ACMA) with financial control, and management reporting experience,
- A minimum of three years’ relevant post qualification experience in practice or in an equivalent financial role in industry,
- An understanding of the ethos of credit unions and sectoral challenges is desirable,
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures for financial control,
- Computer literacy, with good excel skills and use of accounting software.
Salary will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Credit Union is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview. Canvassing will disqualify.
The Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Applications by email to email@example.com quoting reference FNL-04 for receipt on or before Friday, 30 April 2021.